Friday, April 18, 2008

What More Can the Wild Do?

I wasn't lucky enough to be at the Xcel Energy Center last night for the Wild game but I did watch every minute of the game on TV. I came away from the game being extremely disappointed with the loss but I was also very happy with the Minnesota Wild effort. I think that last night's game was one of the best five games that the Minnesota Wild has played this year. The score could have easily been 5-2 in favor of the Minnesota Wild. Instead they lost 3-2 because Jose Theodore, the Colorado Avalanche Goalie, played as well as I have ever seen a goalie play. The Play of Theodore was eerily similar to the play of Jean-Sebastien Giguere when the Anaheim Ducks knocked the Minnesota Wild out of the 2002-2003 NHL Playoffs.

Even though the Minnesota Wild lost the game, I still have hope that they can pull this series out if they continue to play the way they played last night. Just imagine how different this series would be if Marian Gaborik wasn't a -3 with no goals or assists. Maybe he will be a factor on Saturday in Colorado.

No comments: