Tuesday, April 1, 2008

NHL First Round Playoff Opponent

Now that my favorite NHL team has clinched a playoff spot, it is time to analyze the Western Conference Standings and ever changing NHL Playoff Matchups on a daily basis. If the season ended today, the Minnesota Wild would host Joe Sakic and the Colorado Avalanche in the Western Conference Quarterfinals. The Minnesota Wild leads the regular season series 5-2, which includes winning the last four games between the two teams. The two teams end the regular season by playing each other on Sunday, April 6th. If the Wild wins this game, they will have beaten the Avs five straight games. In my mind, that statistic is both good and bad. I like that the Wild appears to have their number however it makes me nervous that they will have to try to extend this great streak against a team as talented as the Colorado Avalanche.

The important thing to consider is that the Minnesota Wild is playing solid hockey right now. If they continue to play like Marian Gaborik and the rest of the boys have been playing recently, it probably doesn't matter who they play. However, I am sure that I will continue to check the up to date standings on a daily basis and work myself up into a tizzy. GO WILD!!!

No comments: