Saturday, January 19, 2008

Minnesota Wild versus Anaheim Ducks

I was never as fired up for a Wild regular season hockey game as I was for last night’s game versus the HATED Anaheim Ducks. I marked it on my Wild Schedule months ago as a “must see” game because I viewed it as a retribution game for the Minnesota Wild. It was an extremely big game that was full of sub-plots:

1. It was the first time the Ducks played at the Xcel Energy Center since last year’s playoffs.
2. The Minnesota Wild had already beaten the Anaheim Ducks twice this year in Anaheim.
3. Derek Boogard came of the IR just in time to suit up for the Wild.
4. In Minnesota, Todd Bertuzzi is the most hated NHL player.
5. The two NHL franchises have a general dislike for each other.


All of the sub-plots as well as my overall hatred for the Anaheim Ducks forced me to shell out big buck$ for some Wild Tickets and head down to the Xcel Energy Center for the much anticipated game.

Unfortunately, almost everything in the game that could go wrong went wrong. The Anaheim Ducks won the game 4-2. There wasn’t any retribution dished out by Derek Boogard for Brad May’s “sucker punch” on Kim Johanson in the Playoffs last year and Todd Bertuzzi had two goals and an assist.

The game was an utter disappointment! I wonder if I can get a refund on the Minnesota Wild Tickets I bought. The only positive I can come up with right now is that the same two teams face of at the Xcel energy Center January 30th. GO WILD!!!!

No comments: