Thursday, December 6, 2007

Minnesota Wild Lay an Egg

I thought I was lucky to be invited by a buddy to last night's Minnesota Wild game. Unfortunately, my favorite NHL team didn't show up. The Minnesota Wild put forth an extremely lackluster performance on way to a 3-1 loss at the hands of the fired up Philadelphia Flyers. It felt as though the Wild team was simply going through the motions and I have no idea how the Wild couldn't have been jacked up for this game. Another big concern is what's up with Niklas Backstrom. Every one of the goals that he let in last night were relatively soft. Especially the slap shot from the neutral zone. I hope that this was just one bad game and not a sign of bad things to come.

I was very impressed with the energized play of Aaron Voros. He brings a nasty, tough and energy filled game whenever he steps on the ice. Watching him play and having a couple of my favorite malt beverages with some buddies was the only silver lining to this otherwise disappointing NHL hockey game.


No comments: